Choose from a wide range of magnetostrictive ultrasonic inserts with resin-handle. Magnetostrictive inserts move mainly in an elliptical pattern and the lateral surfaces offer the most patient comfort. Water irrigation in ultrasonic scaling is required to create a cavitation effect for biofilm disruption and deposit removal. Adjust the fluid spray for each individual insert to wash away debris and cool the vibrating.
2 Insert options available:
- 25 kHz (kilohertz), longer stack, longer stroke
- 30 kHz (kilohertz), shorter stack, shorter/quick stroke
Advantages of power scaling:
- Less tissue distension
- Benefits of lavage and irrigation
- Reduced operator fatigue magnetostrictive handpiece.
Ultrasonic inserts should be autoclaved:
- Inspect, clean and steam sterilize
- Rinse and dry thoroughly
- Do not heat above 275°F (135°C)
- Do not use dry heat or chemical sterilizers
Directions for Use:
Medium or High Power Settings for standard tip designs. These robust, standard tips are designed to quickly remove heavy supragingival debris.
Low – Medium Power for thin tip insert designs. These slender, thin tips are used for light debris and plaque removal and other periodontal procedures. Right and left tip designs allow access to complex root anatomy, furcations, and around orthodontic or periodontal appliances.
To avoid root damage, clinicians should always select the lowest effective power setting to prevent excess wear and premature breakage. Use inserts with light lateral pressure.
- Lubricate o-ring with water
- Twist into handpiece and rotate 3 times
- Select lowest effective power setting
- Activate foot switch
- Adjust water to flow to the tip